Slight intensity quake hits Pithoragarh
Dehradun: Slight intensity tremors measuring 3 on the Richter scale hit parts of Pithoragarh district in Uttarakhand on Thursday.
The tremors lasting a few seconds occurred at 12:16 am in border areas of Pithoragarh district, Met office director Anand Sharma said.
The epicentre of the quake measuring 3 on the Richter scale was located 30.2 degree North and 80.1 degree East.
Slight intensity quakes are frequent in Uttarakhand, parts of which fall into seismic zones IV and V, he said.
A 2.5 magnitude temblor had hit Uttarkashi district in the state recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'