Slight intensity quake hits Pithoragarh
Dehradun: Slight intensity tremors measuring 3 on the Richter scale hit parts of Pithoragarh district in Uttarakhand on Thursday.
The tremors lasting a few seconds occurred at 12:16 am in border areas of Pithoragarh district, Met office director Anand Sharma said.
The epicentre of the quake measuring 3 on the Richter scale was located 30.2 degree North and 80.1 degree East.
Slight intensity quakes are frequent in Uttarakhand, parts of which fall into seismic zones IV and V, he said.
A 2.5 magnitude temblor had hit Uttarkashi district in the state recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj