Slight relief from cold in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Uttarakhand experienced a let-up in biting cold Wednesday with most of the places including Dehradun and those in the higher reaches registering a marginal rise in temperature.
Dehradun, where the mercury dropped to half degree below freezing point yesterday making it the coldest day of the season in the city in 68 years, recorded a minimum of 1.9 degrees Celsius even as fog enveloping Haridwar and Udhamsingh Nagar districts grew thinner, MeT office Director Anand Sharma said.
The temperature in higher reaches also rose marginally with Tehri recording a minimum of 1.5 degrees Celsius, up from yesterday`s 0.5 deg C, he said.
However, people across the hill state continued to shiver due to strong northwesterly winds blowing throughout the day.
Sharma said the minimum at most of the places was likely to rise over the next couple of days bringing considerable relief from cold by January 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof