Slight relief from cold in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Uttarakhand experienced a let-up in biting cold Wednesday with most of the places including Dehradun and those in the higher reaches registering a marginal rise in temperature.
Dehradun, where the mercury dropped to half degree below freezing point yesterday making it the coldest day of the season in the city in 68 years, recorded a minimum of 1.9 degrees Celsius even as fog enveloping Haridwar and Udhamsingh Nagar districts grew thinner, MeT office Director Anand Sharma said.
The temperature in higher reaches also rose marginally with Tehri recording a minimum of 1.5 degrees Celsius, up from yesterday`s 0.5 deg C, he said.
However, people across the hill state continued to shiver due to strong northwesterly winds blowing throughout the day.
Sharma said the minimum at most of the places was likely to rise over the next couple of days bringing considerable relief from cold by January 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore