Snow, rain bring back cold in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Cold conditions returned to Uttarakhand on Saturday, with showers in the plains and heavy snowfall in the higher reaches.
Munsyari in Pithoragarh district, Uttarkashi, Tehri and Dhanaulti near Mussoorie received heavy snowfall, while various places in the plains, including Dehradun and Haridwar, were lashed by rain coupled with strong gusts of wind, the MeT office said.
Haridwar received the maximum showers of 45 mm, followed by Tehri with 39.4 mm and Dehradun with 23.6 mm, the MeT department said, adding that Nainital (18mm), Mukteshwar (4.2mm) and Pantnagar (5.6mm) also received showers.
The MeT department has attributed the rain and snowfall to a western disturbance over North India.
The weatherman, meanwhile, has said the temperature in the state capital is likely to hover around 15 degree Celsius, which is normal for this time of the season. However, a drop in the minimum temperature is expected by Monday when the weather is likely to clear up, the department said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price