Snow, rain bring back cold in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Cold conditions returned to Uttarakhand on Saturday, with showers in the plains and heavy snowfall in the higher reaches.
Munsyari in Pithoragarh district, Uttarkashi, Tehri and Dhanaulti near Mussoorie received heavy snowfall, while various places in the plains, including Dehradun and Haridwar, were lashed by rain coupled with strong gusts of wind, the MeT office said.
Haridwar received the maximum showers of 45 mm, followed by Tehri with 39.4 mm and Dehradun with 23.6 mm, the MeT department said, adding that Nainital (18mm), Mukteshwar (4.2mm) and Pantnagar (5.6mm) also received showers.
The MeT department has attributed the rain and snowfall to a western disturbance over North India.
The weatherman, meanwhile, has said the temperature in the state capital is likely to hover around 15 degree Celsius, which is normal for this time of the season. However, a drop in the minimum temperature is expected by Monday when the weather is likely to clear up, the department said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan