Snow, rain bring back cold in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Cold conditions returned to Uttarakhand on Saturday, with showers in the plains and heavy snowfall in the higher reaches.
Munsyari in Pithoragarh district, Uttarkashi, Tehri and Dhanaulti near Mussoorie received heavy snowfall, while various places in the plains, including Dehradun and Haridwar, were lashed by rain coupled with strong gusts of wind, the MeT office said.
Haridwar received the maximum showers of 45 mm, followed by Tehri with 39.4 mm and Dehradun with 23.6 mm, the MeT department said, adding that Nainital (18mm), Mukteshwar (4.2mm) and Pantnagar (5.6mm) also received showers.
The MeT department has attributed the rain and snowfall to a western disturbance over North India.
The weatherman, meanwhile, has said the temperature in the state capital is likely to hover around 15 degree Celsius, which is normal for this time of the season. However, a drop in the minimum temperature is expected by Monday when the weather is likely to clear up, the department said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report