Snow, rain bring back cold in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Cold conditions returned to Uttarakhand on Saturday, with showers in the plains and heavy snowfall in the higher reaches.
Munsyari in Pithoragarh district, Uttarkashi, Tehri and Dhanaulti near Mussoorie received heavy snowfall, while various places in the plains, including Dehradun and Haridwar, were lashed by rain coupled with strong gusts of wind, the MeT office said.
Haridwar received the maximum showers of 45 mm, followed by Tehri with 39.4 mm and Dehradun with 23.6 mm, the MeT department said, adding that Nainital (18mm), Mukteshwar (4.2mm) and Pantnagar (5.6mm) also received showers.
The MeT department has attributed the rain and snowfall to a western disturbance over North India.
The weatherman, meanwhile, has said the temperature in the state capital is likely to hover around 15 degree Celsius, which is normal for this time of the season. However, a drop in the minimum temperature is expected by Monday when the weather is likely to clear up, the department said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Women have emotionally more intense nightmares than men
- BJP leader's son abducted by suspected ULFA militants, Rs 1cr ransom demanded
- Jio test uses commercial airwaves, but no revenue to govt: COAI
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 1st Test, Day 4: Play abandoned again in Durban
- RBL Bank's IPO oversubscribed 3 times on Day 2