Snowfall, rain bring down temperatures in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Icy winds swept Uttarakhand on Saturday intensifying cold conditions as snowfall continued in hill districts and moderate showers lashed most parts of Uttarakhand with Tehri and Mukteshwar recording sub-zero temperatures.
The higher reaches of hill districts of Uttarkashi, Chamoli, Tehri and Nainital received snowfall for the second consecutive day with the peaks remaining covered under sheets of snow around these places.
Fresh snowfall has blocked nearly half a dozen roads including Joshimath-Auli and Mandal-Chopta routes in Chamoli district and Rishikesh-Yamunotri and Rishikesh-Gangotri highways in Uttarkashi affecting traffic.
Gwaldam in Chamoli district has also received fresh snow.
The minimum temperature in Dehradun recorded a drop of over one degree celsius today, the MeT department said. The city recorded a minimum temperature of 8.6 degrees Celsius as against yesterday`s 10.4 degrees Celsius, it said, adding that the temperature will drop further tomorrow when the weather is likely to clear up.
Tehri recorded a low of minus 2.5 degrees Celsius followed by Mukteshwar at minus 1.5 degrees Celsius, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?