Sonia Gandhi visits Shiva temple, interacts with locals in Kausani
Pithoragarh: On a personal trip to the hill town of Kausani in Uttarkhand`s Bageswar district, Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Thursday acquainted with locals and enquired about their general condition, and covered almost 1.5-km on foot to visit a famous Shiva temple.
The Congress president, who visits the place often during summer, "travelled almost 1.5-km on foot to reach the Rudradhari Shiv Mandir which is almost a century old", said a villager.
Gandhi also met several villagers and discussed their problems. "Soniaji today met our delegation and discussed about the delay in implementation of the Pindar lift scheme, which was conceived in the year 1977-78 to provide drinking water to Kausani and some villages of Almora district," said Ravindra Singh Negi, a Kausani resident.
"She assured us to take up the matter with Chief Minister Harish Rawat," Negi added.
Gandhi also met Kausani patwari Dayal Mishra to discuss problems of the village.
Gandhi, who arrived here on Sunday, has been staying at the bungalow of one of her family friends.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands