Sonia Gandhi visits Shiva temple, interacts with locals in Kausani
Pithoragarh: On a personal trip to the hill town of Kausani in Uttarkhand`s Bageswar district, Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Thursday acquainted with locals and enquired about their general condition, and covered almost 1.5-km on foot to visit a famous Shiva temple.
The Congress president, who visits the place often during summer, "travelled almost 1.5-km on foot to reach the Rudradhari Shiv Mandir which is almost a century old", said a villager.
Gandhi also met several villagers and discussed their problems. "Soniaji today met our delegation and discussed about the delay in implementation of the Pindar lift scheme, which was conceived in the year 1977-78 to provide drinking water to Kausani and some villages of Almora district," said Ravindra Singh Negi, a Kausani resident.
"She assured us to take up the matter with Chief Minister Harish Rawat," Negi added.
Gandhi also met Kausani patwari Dayal Mishra to discuss problems of the village.
Gandhi, who arrived here on Sunday, has been staying at the bungalow of one of her family friends.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened