Sonia Gandhi visits Shiva temple, interacts with locals in Kausani
Pithoragarh: On a personal trip to the hill town of Kausani in Uttarkhand`s Bageswar district, Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Thursday acquainted with locals and enquired about their general condition, and covered almost 1.5-km on foot to visit a famous Shiva temple.
The Congress president, who visits the place often during summer, "travelled almost 1.5-km on foot to reach the Rudradhari Shiv Mandir which is almost a century old", said a villager.
Gandhi also met several villagers and discussed their problems. "Soniaji today met our delegation and discussed about the delay in implementation of the Pindar lift scheme, which was conceived in the year 1977-78 to provide drinking water to Kausani and some villages of Almora district," said Ravindra Singh Negi, a Kausani resident.
"She assured us to take up the matter with Chief Minister Harish Rawat," Negi added.
Gandhi also met Kausani patwari Dayal Mishra to discuss problems of the village.
Gandhi, who arrived here on Sunday, has been staying at the bungalow of one of her family friends.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH