Sonia thanks people of Uttarakhand for bypoll victory
New Delhi: Sonia Gandhi Saturday said Congress`s victory in recent assembly bye-elections in Uttarakhand "reflects people`s disenchantment with BJP whose government at the Centre has failed to deliver on its promises".
"It is an indication that people are looking towards Congress once again with hope," a release issued by Uttarakhand government in Dehradun quoted the Congress chief as saying.
She said the bypoll results will have an effect countrywide.
Gandhi made the remarks when Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat, along with two other triumphant party candidates Hira Singh Bisht and Rekha Arya besides PCC chief Kishore Upadhyay, called on her here, the release said.
Congratulating the party`s winning candidates including the CM, Gandhi said they have to work harder to meet the expectations of the people of Uttarakhand.
Congress swept the bypolls to all the three seats by retaining one and wresting two from its main challenger BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray