Sonia’s blessings made me Governor: Qureshi
Bhopal: Senior Congress leader and former Madhya Pradesh minister, Aziz Qureshi, who has been appointed as the Governor of Uttarakhand, on Sunday said it was due to the "blessings" of the Congress president, Sonia Gandhi.
The former minister said he had "always been loyal to the Gandhi-Nehru family", and his appointment showed that loyalty was rewarded.
"It is only because of the blessings from Sonia Gandhi that I have become Governor of Uttarakhand," he said here.
Qureshi said that he joined Congress in 1951, and worked for the party at every level.
"I belong to the generation which thought that being made a Governor was an insult, it meant being shifted away from the active politics," he said.
However, he said, the things had changed and becoming a Governor was an honour.
Qureshi also said that former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, the late Arjun Singh, had a higher stature in Congress than him, yet Singh was junior to him in the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read