Sonia’s blessings made me Governor: Qureshi
Bhopal: Senior Congress leader and former Madhya Pradesh minister, Aziz Qureshi, who has been appointed as the Governor of Uttarakhand, on Sunday said it was due to the "blessings" of the Congress president, Sonia Gandhi.
The former minister said he had "always been loyal to the Gandhi-Nehru family", and his appointment showed that loyalty was rewarded.
"It is only because of the blessings from Sonia Gandhi that I have become Governor of Uttarakhand," he said here.
Qureshi said that he joined Congress in 1951, and worked for the party at every level.
"I belong to the generation which thought that being made a Governor was an insult, it meant being shifted away from the active politics," he said.
However, he said, the things had changed and becoming a Governor was an honour.
Qureshi also said that former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, the late Arjun Singh, had a higher stature in Congress than him, yet Singh was junior to him in the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what