Sonia’s blessings made me Governor: Qureshi
Bhopal: Senior Congress leader and former Madhya Pradesh minister, Aziz Qureshi, who has been appointed as the Governor of Uttarakhand, on Sunday said it was due to the "blessings" of the Congress president, Sonia Gandhi.
The former minister said he had "always been loyal to the Gandhi-Nehru family", and his appointment showed that loyalty was rewarded.
"It is only because of the blessings from Sonia Gandhi that I have become Governor of Uttarakhand," he said here.
Qureshi said that he joined Congress in 1951, and worked for the party at every level.
"I belong to the generation which thought that being made a Governor was an insult, it meant being shifted away from the active politics," he said.
However, he said, the things had changed and becoming a Governor was an honour.
Qureshi also said that former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, the late Arjun Singh, had a higher stature in Congress than him, yet Singh was junior to him in the party.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma