Special task force to search for bodies near Kedarnath
Dehradun: With human skeletal remains still being found in Kedar valley, the Uttarakhand government today constituted a special task force to conduct intensive combing operations in the forests adjoining Kedarnath in search of bodies.
The task force, headed by Inspector General of Police Sanjay Gunjyal, has been set up as per directions of Chief Minister Harish Rawat, Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar said.
Gunjyal has been appointed in-charge of the task force which will conduct combing operations over the next 20 days, the Chief Secretary said.
Personnel from ITBP, local police and SDRF have been included in the task force, he said. The search campaign by the special task force will cover the entire region from Sonprayag to Kedarnath.
To be started immediately, the campaign will be over in the next 20 days, Kumar said adding the task force has also been authorised to cremate the bodies after their DNA sampling and other formalities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- New Hyundai Elantra to be launched in India today
- Amit Shah to inaugurate workshop of BJP state core committees
- Samsung likely to launch Tizen powered Z2 smartphone in India today
- Baloch leaders booked: JKNPP calls on Centre to slap sedition charges against separatists
- Earth's temperature dropped during solar eclipse