Special task force to search for bodies near Kedarnath
Dehradun: With human skeletal remains still being found in Kedar valley, the Uttarakhand government today constituted a special task force to conduct intensive combing operations in the forests adjoining Kedarnath in search of bodies.
The task force, headed by Inspector General of Police Sanjay Gunjyal, has been set up as per directions of Chief Minister Harish Rawat, Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar said.
Gunjyal has been appointed in-charge of the task force which will conduct combing operations over the next 20 days, the Chief Secretary said.
Personnel from ITBP, local police and SDRF have been included in the task force, he said. The search campaign by the special task force will cover the entire region from Sonprayag to Kedarnath.
To be started immediately, the campaign will be over in the next 20 days, Kumar said adding the task force has also been authorised to cremate the bodies after their DNA sampling and other formalities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it