Special task force to search for bodies near Kedarnath
Dehradun: With human skeletal remains still being found in Kedar valley, the Uttarakhand government today constituted a special task force to conduct intensive combing operations in the forests adjoining Kedarnath in search of bodies.
The task force, headed by Inspector General of Police Sanjay Gunjyal, has been set up as per directions of Chief Minister Harish Rawat, Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar said.
Gunjyal has been appointed in-charge of the task force which will conduct combing operations over the next 20 days, the Chief Secretary said.
Personnel from ITBP, local police and SDRF have been included in the task force, he said. The search campaign by the special task force will cover the entire region from Sonprayag to Kedarnath.
To be started immediately, the campaign will be over in the next 20 days, Kumar said adding the task force has also been authorised to cremate the bodies after their DNA sampling and other formalities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price