Special trains to carry stranded passengers
New Delhi: Railways on Wednesday decided to press services of special trains to rescue people stranded due to the flash floods at Haridwar, Rishikesh and other areas.
The recent flash floods have created a havoc affecting thousands of people in Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh.
Railway Minister Mallikarjun Kharge has instructed the Railway Board to do whatever possible to rescue people from the flood affected areas, said a senior Railway Ministry official.
Special trains will be pressed into service from stations like Dehradun, Rishikesh and Haridwar for stranded passengers.
Moradabad division has been asked to arrange trains for the stranded passengers. Special counters will be opened at stations for these passengers, said the official.
Passenger profile will be carried out to know their destination and accordingly train services will be launched, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today
- Chilli-based PAVA shells may replace pellet guns in Jammu and Kashmir