Sporadic landslides disrupt pilgrimage to Badrinath
Dehradun: Sporadic landslides on Saturday disrupted the pilgrimage to Badrinath shrine and caused inconvenience to commuters and tourists going to Chamoli and
Rudraprayag, official sources said.
The Rishikesh-Badrinath national highway was completely
closed on Wednesday and Thursday due to sporadic landslides
which caused heavy inconvenience to the commuters, they said,
adding that the landslides were still occurring.
The local people are struggling with shortage of food,
fuel and medical supplies leading to rise in the prices of
essential commodities because of the disruptions caused by
these landslides, the sources added.
They said the locals are demanding that the government
build an alternative route to avoid further inconvenience
caused to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Jailed ex-MP Shahabuddin shifted to AIIMS
- Facebook to give more prominence to family and friends, not media
- PM Modi asks babus for effective redressal of consumer grievances
- PM Modi meets Amit Shah and Arun Jaitley, discusses key issues
- Wimbledon 2016: Novak Djokovic wins 30th consecutive Grand Slam match, Roger Federer ends Marcus Willis' fairytale