Sporadic landslides disrupt pilgrimage to Badrinath
Dehradun: Sporadic landslides on Saturday disrupted the pilgrimage to Badrinath shrine and caused inconvenience to commuters and tourists going to Chamoli and
Rudraprayag, official sources said.
The Rishikesh-Badrinath national highway was completely
closed on Wednesday and Thursday due to sporadic landslides
which caused heavy inconvenience to the commuters, they said,
adding that the landslides were still occurring.
The local people are struggling with shortage of food,
fuel and medical supplies leading to rise in the prices of
essential commodities because of the disruptions caused by
these landslides, the sources added.
They said the locals are demanding that the government
build an alternative route to avoid further inconvenience
caused to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred