Sporadic landslides disrupt pilgrimage to Badrinath
Dehradun: Sporadic landslides on Saturday disrupted the pilgrimage to Badrinath shrine and caused inconvenience to commuters and tourists going to Chamoli and
Rudraprayag, official sources said.
The Rishikesh-Badrinath national highway was completely
closed on Wednesday and Thursday due to sporadic landslides
which caused heavy inconvenience to the commuters, they said,
adding that the landslides were still occurring.
The local people are struggling with shortage of food,
fuel and medical supplies leading to rise in the prices of
essential commodities because of the disruptions caused by
these landslides, the sources added.
They said the locals are demanding that the government
build an alternative route to avoid further inconvenience
caused to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY