Sporadic landslides disrupt pilgrimage to Badrinath
Dehradun: Sporadic landslides on Saturday disrupted the pilgrimage to Badrinath shrine and caused inconvenience to commuters and tourists going to Chamoli and
Rudraprayag, official sources said.
The Rishikesh-Badrinath national highway was completely
closed on Wednesday and Thursday due to sporadic landslides
which caused heavy inconvenience to the commuters, they said,
adding that the landslides were still occurring.
The local people are struggling with shortage of food,
fuel and medical supplies leading to rise in the prices of
essential commodities because of the disruptions caused by
these landslides, the sources added.
They said the locals are demanding that the government
build an alternative route to avoid further inconvenience
caused to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30