Stern action if flagship schemes are delayed: U`khand Govt
Dehradun: Uttarakhand government on Wednesday warned of stern action in case of negligence on part of officials in implementation of flagship schemes.
Chief Secretary Alok Kumar Jain reviewed the progress of flagship schemes in the state and asked officials concerned to speed up implementation of projects falling into the category, making it clear that no shoddiness will be tolerated in this regard.
He also examined the status of projects cleared by the Planning Commission and asked the officials to submit utilisation certificates on the finished ones at the earliest so that the next instalment of funds could be released by the Centre.
Jain also asked the officials to expedite implementation of projects directly linked to the welfare of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump is taking far-right hate groups `mainstream`
- John Kerry arrives in Geneva for Syria talks with Lavrov
- Three killed in apparent crossbow attack in Canada
- England to go ahead with Bangladesh tour amid security fears
- Donald Trump victory could cause global recession: Citigroup