Strict action against laxity in distribution of flood relief: Uttarakhand minister
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Disaster Management Minister Yashpal Arya on Friday said he had received complaints of slip-shod handling of relief material distribution by some officials and warned that strict action would be taken if the allegations were found true.
"No laxity in distribution of relief among people hit by the recent calamity will be tolerated and strict action will be taken against guilty officials," Arya told reporters after visiting affected areas of Rudraprayag and Chamoli districts.
Arya, who is also the Pradesh Congress Committee chief, interacted with villagers in these districts and said he had received complaints of slip-shod handling of relief distribution exercise by some officials.
He said the calamity affected victims should be treated with utmost compassion and sensitivity in this hour of crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read