Strict action against laxity in distribution of flood relief: Uttarakhand minister
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Disaster Management Minister Yashpal Arya on Friday said he had received complaints of slip-shod handling of relief material distribution by some officials and warned that strict action would be taken if the allegations were found true.
"No laxity in distribution of relief among people hit by the recent calamity will be tolerated and strict action will be taken against guilty officials," Arya told reporters after visiting affected areas of Rudraprayag and Chamoli districts.
Arya, who is also the Pradesh Congress Committee chief, interacted with villagers in these districts and said he had received complaints of slip-shod handling of relief distribution exercise by some officials.
He said the calamity affected victims should be treated with utmost compassion and sensitivity in this hour of crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed