Strict action against laxity in distribution of flood relief: Uttarakhand minister
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Disaster Management Minister Yashpal Arya on Friday said he had received complaints of slip-shod handling of relief material distribution by some officials and warned that strict action would be taken if the allegations were found true.
"No laxity in distribution of relief among people hit by the recent calamity will be tolerated and strict action will be taken against guilty officials," Arya told reporters after visiting affected areas of Rudraprayag and Chamoli districts.
Arya, who is also the Pradesh Congress Committee chief, interacted with villagers in these districts and said he had received complaints of slip-shod handling of relief distribution exercise by some officials.
He said the calamity affected victims should be treated with utmost compassion and sensitivity in this hour of crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video