Strike evokes partial response in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Normal life was partially affected across Uttarakhand on Wednesday in response to the two-day countrywide strike called by central trade unions in support of their demands.
Roadways buses remained off the roads and bank branches were closed in support of the bandh call.
People were stranded at the ISBT here with authorities saying operation of both long and short distance buses has been suspended in view of the two-day strike.
With banks closed, unusual rush of people was seen at ATMs in the city.
Reports from different parts of the state said employees of various government departments and banks gathered at their respective offices and held protest meetings raising slogans in support of their demands.
However, it was business as usual in the market areas of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire