Strike evokes partial response in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Normal life was partially affected across Uttarakhand on Wednesday in response to the two-day countrywide strike called by central trade unions in support of their demands.
Roadways buses remained off the roads and bank branches were closed in support of the bandh call.
People were stranded at the ISBT here with authorities saying operation of both long and short distance buses has been suspended in view of the two-day strike.
With banks closed, unusual rush of people was seen at ATMs in the city.
Reports from different parts of the state said employees of various government departments and banks gathered at their respective offices and held protest meetings raising slogans in support of their demands.
However, it was business as usual in the market areas of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah