Strike evokes partial response in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Normal life was partially affected across Uttarakhand on Wednesday in response to the two-day countrywide strike called by central trade unions in support of their demands.
Roadways buses remained off the roads and bank branches were closed in support of the bandh call.
People were stranded at the ISBT here with authorities saying operation of both long and short distance buses has been suspended in view of the two-day strike.
With banks closed, unusual rush of people was seen at ATMs in the city.
Reports from different parts of the state said employees of various government departments and banks gathered at their respective offices and held protest meetings raising slogans in support of their demands.
However, it was business as usual in the market areas of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?