Strike evokes partial response in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Normal life was partially affected across Uttarakhand on Wednesday in response to the two-day countrywide strike called by central trade unions in support of their demands.
Roadways buses remained off the roads and bank branches were closed in support of the bandh call.
People were stranded at the ISBT here with authorities saying operation of both long and short distance buses has been suspended in view of the two-day strike.
With banks closed, unusual rush of people was seen at ATMs in the city.
Reports from different parts of the state said employees of various government departments and banks gathered at their respective offices and held protest meetings raising slogans in support of their demands.
However, it was business as usual in the market areas of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video