Dehradun: The strike of Uttarakhand employees in support of their various demands entered the twelfth day on Monday, affecting work in various departments.
The agitating employees, however, deferred their plan to lock government offices and bring emergency services to a halt by two days following an appeal by Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar not to bring inconvenience to the public.
"We have put off our plan to intensify our strike in view of another round of talks with the government tomorrow. But strike will go on till we receive a government order conceding our demands," employee leader Thakur Prahlad Singh said.
Employees had earlier announced to intensify their stir from today by bringing emergency services under the ambit of their strike.
Employees have been on indefinite strike since October 17 in support of their demands including three compulsory promotions during service, and a hike in grade pay from Rs 2800 to Rs 4200 as in case of secretariat employees.
The future course of action now depends on the outcome of the next round of talks between the employees and government representatives tomorrow, Singh said.
Meanwhile, Chief Secretary Kumar made a fresh appeal to employees to return to work in public interest.
He had directed the finance and personnel department officials to go through the demands of the employees.