Student dies during diabetes awareness run
Dehradun: A 14-year-old student was
crushed to death and four others were injured when a tree fell
on them here today during a run organised to create awareness
The incident occurred when the students of various
schools were taking part in "Run to live" organised by Eco
Watch Society and Diabetese Foundation of India.
A big tree fell on some of the particpants at Rajpur
road in which Janaki Joshi was killed and four others were
The injured were rushed to nearby Doon Hospital and
all the four were stated be out of danger.
Meanwhile, NGOs have demanded an inquiry into the
incident saying the run was organised at a time when
temperature was shooting in Dehradun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past