Student dies during diabetes awareness run
Dehradun: A 14-year-old student was
crushed to death and four others were injured when a tree fell
on them here today during a run organised to create awareness
The incident occurred when the students of various
schools were taking part in "Run to live" organised by Eco
Watch Society and Diabetese Foundation of India.
A big tree fell on some of the particpants at Rajpur
road in which Janaki Joshi was killed and four others were
The injured were rushed to nearby Doon Hospital and
all the four were stated be out of danger.
Meanwhile, NGOs have demanded an inquiry into the
incident saying the run was organised at a time when
temperature was shooting in Dehradun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!