Student dies during diabetes awareness run
Dehradun: A 14-year-old student was
crushed to death and four others were injured when a tree fell
on them here today during a run organised to create awareness
The incident occurred when the students of various
schools were taking part in "Run to live" organised by Eco
Watch Society and Diabetese Foundation of India.
A big tree fell on some of the particpants at Rajpur
road in which Janaki Joshi was killed and four others were
The injured were rushed to nearby Doon Hospital and
all the four were stated be out of danger.
Meanwhile, NGOs have demanded an inquiry into the
incident saying the run was organised at a time when
temperature was shooting in Dehradun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP to move Delhi High Court against arrests of MLAs in 'false cases'
- Varun Dhawan reacts to Salman Khan's acquittal
- Rio Olympics: Sushil Kumar backs 'younger brother' Narsingh Yadav, but hurt by being dragged in 'conspiracy' controversy
- Learn to make a pen stand out of waste material! Watch video
- Physical inactivity adding to India's NCD burden: Report