Students stage anti-tobacco rally in Dehradun
Dehradun: In an effort to make Uttarakhand tobacco-free, students of various educational institutions staged an anti-tobacco awareness rally here on Tuesday.
The rally was flagged off jointly by Raipur MLA Umesh Sharma and Dehradun District Magistrate BVRC Purushottam, who heads the special task force constituted to oversee the campaign.
The rally`s main objective was to create awareness among people about the ill effects of smoking and use of other tobacco based products.
Students from 40 government schools and other educational institutions participated in the rally which went through the main thoroughfares of the city before concluding at the Parade Ground where the participating students were given certificates signed by the DM.
According to an official estimate, about 30 lakh people across Uttarakhand consume tobacco in different forms.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'