Students stage anti-tobacco rally in Dehradun
Dehradun: In an effort to make Uttarakhand tobacco-free, students of various educational institutions staged an anti-tobacco awareness rally here on Tuesday.
The rally was flagged off jointly by Raipur MLA Umesh Sharma and Dehradun District Magistrate BVRC Purushottam, who heads the special task force constituted to oversee the campaign.
The rally`s main objective was to create awareness among people about the ill effects of smoking and use of other tobacco based products.
Students from 40 government schools and other educational institutions participated in the rally which went through the main thoroughfares of the city before concluding at the Parade Ground where the participating students were given certificates signed by the DM.
According to an official estimate, about 30 lakh people across Uttarakhand consume tobacco in different forms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you