Subsidised kerosene for flood affected areas of Uttarakhand
New Delhi: The flood affected people in Uttarakhand will be given subsidised kerosene as part of relief measures, the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) said on Thursday.
The quantum of subsidy on the cooking medium would be decided soon and the burden of the same would be borne by the Uttarakhand government, NDMA officials said.
"Kerosene to disaster affected people is to be subsidised. The difference is to be borne from Chief Minister`s Disaster Relief Fund," said an official of the NDMA, which is coordinating the rescue and relief operations in Uttarakhand.
The NDMA said Public Distribution System (PDS) will be utilised on priority.
"If there is an additional cost of transportation of PDS, the same shall be met out of disaster relief fund....
"The government has taken a decision to provide food and essential commodities to all families in the affected villages, where the road connectivity is totally snapped, for a month or till such a time the road connectivity is restored," the NDMA said in a release.
Cremation of bodies is taking place at different places.
"Search operations are still going on in totally inaccessible areas by helicopters," it said.
The families that have lost their houses in the disaster and donot have a place to stay would be paid Rs 1,500 per month for renting accommodation for their families for a period of six months, the NDMA said.
There are 152 villages, which are cut off by the road, where food and essential supplies need to be dropped by helicopters. Of these, 72 villages are covered.
Over 8,500 animals have also been reported missing, it said.
About 6,000 labourers are working on restoration of roads which were affected in the flood that had hit the state on June 16.
A total of 23,240 patients have been given treatment in hospitals in various locations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins