Subsidised rice to APL families in Uttarakhand
Dehra Dun: The Uttarakhand government on Thursday said above poverty line families would also get 10 kg rice every month at subsidised rates after Dussehra festival.
"The APL families will be benefited under the scheme, which will provide rice at discounted rates," state`s finance minister Indira Hridayesh told reporters here.
She said the Centre had given assurance to state government that it was ready to give rice at subsidised rates to APL families in the state.
"The recent economic reforms have troubled the common man, hence the decision will give some relief to them," she said.
The final rate will be decided after getting quota of rice from the Centre, she said.
Replying to a query on decision of Congress-ruled states to raise the cap on subsidised cylinders from six to nine, she said it would impact the state exchequer but, "we are committed to do so for public welfare."
Countering the BJP over FDI in retail, she blamed opposition for spreading apprehensions regarding the issue and said small retailers will not be affected it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere