Subsidised rice to APL families in Uttarakhand
Dehra Dun: The Uttarakhand government on Thursday said above poverty line families would also get 10 kg rice every month at subsidised rates after Dussehra festival.
"The APL families will be benefited under the scheme, which will provide rice at discounted rates," state`s finance minister Indira Hridayesh told reporters here.
She said the Centre had given assurance to state government that it was ready to give rice at subsidised rates to APL families in the state.
"The recent economic reforms have troubled the common man, hence the decision will give some relief to them," she said.
The final rate will be decided after getting quota of rice from the Centre, she said.
Replying to a query on decision of Congress-ruled states to raise the cap on subsidised cylinders from six to nine, she said it would impact the state exchequer but, "we are committed to do so for public welfare."
Countering the BJP over FDI in retail, she blamed opposition for spreading apprehensions regarding the issue and said small retailers will not be affected it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets