Sulabh to provide sanitation facilities in Kedarnath
Kedarnath: Sulabh International Monday announced that it would provide proper sanitation facilities at Kedarnath, the Hindu temple town in Uttarakhand.
"Sulabh has already started providing sanitation facilities in parts of this town and I am committed to offer world class facility to the people here of this temple town," Sulabh founder Bindeshwar Pathak said here.
The announcment was made on the day of first anniversary of the devastating floods which struck Kedarnath region, killing thousands of people and leaving immense destruction in their wake.
Sulabh, renowned for its activities in the field of sanitation, is already providing temporary toilet facility for the pilgrims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets