Sulking Nishank made BJP vice president
New Delhi: Less than a month after he was
ousted as Uttarkhand Chief Minister, BJP today appointed
sulking Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank as the party`s national vice
president and made another former chief minister Bhagat Singh
Koshiyari as head of the party`s poll committee in the state.
The appointments were made today by BJP president Nitin
Gadkari during the party`s two-day national executive meeting
which concluded later during the day.
Pokhriyal, who had skipped the party`s national executive
meeting on the first day yesterday, attended the same on the
second day. He arrived at the conclave venue alongwith senior
BJP leader L K Advani.
He was recently replaced as chief minister of Uttarakhand
by B C Khanduri earlier last month in a bid to boost the
party`s image ahead of the polls early next year. Khanduri
returned as Chief Minister of Uttarakhand after a gap of three
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India