Sulking Nishank made BJP vice president
New Delhi: Less than a month after he was
ousted as Uttarkhand Chief Minister, BJP today appointed
sulking Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank as the party`s national vice
president and made another former chief minister Bhagat Singh
Koshiyari as head of the party`s poll committee in the state.
The appointments were made today by BJP president Nitin
Gadkari during the party`s two-day national executive meeting
which concluded later during the day.
Pokhriyal, who had skipped the party`s national executive
meeting on the first day yesterday, attended the same on the
second day. He arrived at the conclave venue alongwith senior
BJP leader L K Advani.
He was recently replaced as chief minister of Uttarakhand
by B C Khanduri earlier last month in a bid to boost the
party`s image ahead of the polls early next year. Khanduri
returned as Chief Minister of Uttarakhand after a gap of three
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends