Surprise inspections to be conducted in Uttarakhand schools
Dehradun: Surprise inspection of schools will be conducted in Uttarakhand on a weekly basis to check absenteeism among teachers and ensure improvement in the quality of education.
Issuing instructions to this effect to all District Magistrates, Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar asked them to send senior officials to primary and middle schools in their areas every week for surprise inspections and to see if teachers are properly discharging their duties and mid-day meal is being distributed regularly among children, an official release said here.
He asked the DMs to write to the Director General, School Education about teachers who indulge in absenteeism and schools where mid day meal scheme is being run in a slipshod manner.
Teachers who go on leave without their leave being sanctioned should be treated as absent.
Similarly, if they are not found at school during duty hours without any recorded evidence of their being on an official assignment they will be marked absent, the chief secretary said.
Reports about errant teachers and schools should be forwarded to the DG, School Education, who will initiate action against them, the Chief Secretary was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state