Swaraj, Jaitley have no time to visit U’khand: Tewari
New Delhi: Union Minister Manish Tewari on Monday hit out at BJP leaders Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley, saying they have time to criticise government proposals but not to visit flood-ravaged Uttarakhand.
"H`onble Leaders of Opposition have mindspace to critique govt proposals on CBI autonomy that are yet to be placed before SC but no time to visit Uttarakhand," the Information and Broadcasting minister wrote on Twitter.
"Did anyone see Leaders of Opposition in both Houses express sympathy/visit disaster hit Uttarakhand. This from a party that criticises visits of Cong leaders," he added.
Tewari said if Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Swaraj and her Rajya Sabha counterpart Jaitley were following Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s advice that VIPs should not visit the disaster hit zone as it could hinder the rescue work, why did the same criteria not apply to party chief Rajnath Singh and Gujarat CM Narendra Modi.
"If LOP (Leader of Opposition) follows the advice of HM how come it does not apply to the BJP President and Poll panel chief? Different strokes for different folks!," Tewari asked.
Tewari`s tweets came following BJP`s criticism of Cabinet`s approval of the recommendations by a Group of Ministers (GoM) for making the CBI more independent.
Terming the Cabinet`s decision on CBI autonomy as a "camouflage", Jaitley yesterday said it creates an "illusion" by replacing political executive with its proxy institution and the move should be opposed by one and all.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof