Swaraj, Jaitley have no time to visit U’khand: Tewari
New Delhi: Union Minister Manish Tewari on Monday hit out at BJP leaders Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley, saying they have time to criticise government proposals but not to visit flood-ravaged Uttarakhand.
"H`onble Leaders of Opposition have mindspace to critique govt proposals on CBI autonomy that are yet to be placed before SC but no time to visit Uttarakhand," the Information and Broadcasting minister wrote on Twitter.
"Did anyone see Leaders of Opposition in both Houses express sympathy/visit disaster hit Uttarakhand. This from a party that criticises visits of Cong leaders," he added.
Tewari said if Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Swaraj and her Rajya Sabha counterpart Jaitley were following Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s advice that VIPs should not visit the disaster hit zone as it could hinder the rescue work, why did the same criteria not apply to party chief Rajnath Singh and Gujarat CM Narendra Modi.
"If LOP (Leader of Opposition) follows the advice of HM how come it does not apply to the BJP President and Poll panel chief? Different strokes for different folks!," Tewari asked.
Tewari`s tweets came following BJP`s criticism of Cabinet`s approval of the recommendations by a Group of Ministers (GoM) for making the CBI more independent.
Terming the Cabinet`s decision on CBI autonomy as a "camouflage", Jaitley yesterday said it creates an "illusion" by replacing political executive with its proxy institution and the move should be opposed by one and all.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place