Take positive decision on Ram Janmabhoomi: VHP to Centre
Haridwar: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad on Wednesday asked the Central government to take positive decisions on Ram Janmabhoomi and river Ganga issues and threatened to launch a stir if it failed to do so by Parliament`s monsoon session.
"If the UPA government does not take positive decisions regarding the Ram Janmabhoomi and river Ganga issues by the monsoon session of Parliament, a massive agitation will be launched," VHP leaders said here.
Talking to reporters after a two-day meeting of VHP`s Sant Uchchadhikar Samiti here, VHP Acting President Pravin Togadia and former Union minister Swami Chinmayanand asked the Centre to enact a law for handing over the Ram Janmabhoomi to Hindus.
"When a law can be enacted on Shahbanoo issue, why the Centre does not bring a legislation on the Ram Mandir issue, a subject of faith for crores of Hindus," they said.
Togadia said three resolutions on Ram Janmabhoomi and river Ganga were passed at the meeting.
He asked the Centre to formally declare river Ganga as a national river in the monsoon session of Parliament and take full responsibility of its conservation on its shoulders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon