Take positive decision on Ram Janmabhoomi: VHP to Centre
Haridwar: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad on Wednesday asked the Central government to take positive decisions on Ram Janmabhoomi and river Ganga issues and threatened to launch a stir if it failed to do so by Parliament`s monsoon session.
"If the UPA government does not take positive decisions regarding the Ram Janmabhoomi and river Ganga issues by the monsoon session of Parliament, a massive agitation will be launched," VHP leaders said here.
Talking to reporters after a two-day meeting of VHP`s Sant Uchchadhikar Samiti here, VHP Acting President Pravin Togadia and former Union minister Swami Chinmayanand asked the Centre to enact a law for handing over the Ram Janmabhoomi to Hindus.
"When a law can be enacted on Shahbanoo issue, why the Centre does not bring a legislation on the Ram Mandir issue, a subject of faith for crores of Hindus," they said.
Togadia said three resolutions on Ram Janmabhoomi and river Ganga were passed at the meeting.
He asked the Centre to formally declare river Ganga as a national river in the monsoon session of Parliament and take full responsibility of its conservation on its shoulders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'