Take positive decision on Ram Janmabhoomi: VHP to Centre
Haridwar: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad on Wednesday asked the Central government to take positive decisions on Ram Janmabhoomi and river Ganga issues and threatened to launch a stir if it failed to do so by Parliament`s monsoon session.
"If the UPA government does not take positive decisions regarding the Ram Janmabhoomi and river Ganga issues by the monsoon session of Parliament, a massive agitation will be launched," VHP leaders said here.
Talking to reporters after a two-day meeting of VHP`s Sant Uchchadhikar Samiti here, VHP Acting President Pravin Togadia and former Union minister Swami Chinmayanand asked the Centre to enact a law for handing over the Ram Janmabhoomi to Hindus.
"When a law can be enacted on Shahbanoo issue, why the Centre does not bring a legislation on the Ram Mandir issue, a subject of faith for crores of Hindus," they said.
Togadia said three resolutions on Ram Janmabhoomi and river Ganga were passed at the meeting.
He asked the Centre to formally declare river Ganga as a national river in the monsoon session of Parliament and take full responsibility of its conservation on its shoulders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video