Take positive decision on Ram Janmabhoomi: VHP to Centre
Haridwar: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad on Wednesday asked the Central government to take positive decisions on Ram Janmabhoomi and river Ganga issues and threatened to launch a stir if it failed to do so by Parliament`s monsoon session.
"If the UPA government does not take positive decisions regarding the Ram Janmabhoomi and river Ganga issues by the monsoon session of Parliament, a massive agitation will be launched," VHP leaders said here.
Talking to reporters after a two-day meeting of VHP`s Sant Uchchadhikar Samiti here, VHP Acting President Pravin Togadia and former Union minister Swami Chinmayanand asked the Centre to enact a law for handing over the Ram Janmabhoomi to Hindus.
"When a law can be enacted on Shahbanoo issue, why the Centre does not bring a legislation on the Ram Mandir issue, a subject of faith for crores of Hindus," they said.
Togadia said three resolutions on Ram Janmabhoomi and river Ganga were passed at the meeting.
He asked the Centre to formally declare river Ganga as a national river in the monsoon session of Parliament and take full responsibility of its conservation on its shoulders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?