Talks on to defuse crisis: Uttarakhand CM
Dehra Dun: The Congress High Command is
holding talks with the warring factions to defuse the crisis
in the fledgling party-led government in Uttarakhand even as
rebel leader Harak Singh Rawat rubbished media reports that
he was offered the post of the Deputy Chief Minister.
"The talks are on," embattled Chief Minister Vijay
Bahuguna, who faces the daunting task of winning the trust
vote on the floor of the state assembly in the wake of revolt
against his leadership, said by telephone from Delhi.
Harak Singh Rawat, an MLA and a close confidant of
sulking Union Minister Harish Rawat, an aspirant for the CM`s
post, said though the talks are continuing, he was not sure
about its positive outcome.
Asked whether the Party High Command could still
consider a change of guard in the hill state, he said this
possibility was ruled out.
When asked why he did not take oath as an MLA, Harak
Singh Rawat said he was not in a hurry.
"I have been Minister and an MLA for so many years. I
have seen all this and I am not in a hurry," said Rawat who
came here this morning to see his ailing sister.
He denied media reports that he was being offered the
post of the Deputy Chief Minister. "All these reports are
Yesterday, Bahuguna met Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and
said he was confident of resolving all differences with Harish
Fourteen party MLAs, said to be loyal to Harish Rawat
who revolted against the appointment of Bahuguna as CM, are
yet to take oath.
Scores of Congress workers last evening took out a
candle march here to show solidarity with Rawat.
The ministry expansion has been delayed due to internal
feud in the ruling party.
Bahuguna took oath on Tuesday leaving Harish Rawat and
his supporters fretting and fuming.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof