Tarun Vijay all set to enter Rajya Sabha
Dehra Dun: BJP`s Tarun Vijay is all set to
get elected to Rajya Sabha unopposed for the lone seat from
Uttarakhand as his nomination papers were Tuesday found valid
All the two sets of nomination papers of Vijay have
been found valid during scrutiny, Vidhan Sabha Secretary and
Returning Officer Mahesh Chandra said.
As no other candidate has filed nomination papers, the
announcement of Vijay`s election to the Upper House is just a
formality now. Vijay is BJP`s national spokesman.
Chandra, however, said the formal declaration of
Vijay`s election would be made on June 10 only after the last
date of withdrawal of names passes off.
Vijay, former Editor of RSS mouthpiece Panchajanya,
had filed his nomination papers yesterday in the presence of
most of the senior party leaders from the state including
Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank and former chief
ministers B C Khanduri and Bhagat Singh Koshiyari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter