Tarun Vijay all set to enter Rajya Sabha
Dehra Dun: BJP`s Tarun Vijay is all set to
get elected to Rajya Sabha unopposed for the lone seat from
Uttarakhand as his nomination papers were Tuesday found valid
All the two sets of nomination papers of Vijay have
been found valid during scrutiny, Vidhan Sabha Secretary and
Returning Officer Mahesh Chandra said.
As no other candidate has filed nomination papers, the
announcement of Vijay`s election to the Upper House is just a
formality now. Vijay is BJP`s national spokesman.
Chandra, however, said the formal declaration of
Vijay`s election would be made on June 10 only after the last
date of withdrawal of names passes off.
Vijay, former Editor of RSS mouthpiece Panchajanya,
had filed his nomination papers yesterday in the presence of
most of the senior party leaders from the state including
Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank and former chief
ministers B C Khanduri and Bhagat Singh Koshiyari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi