Tarun Vijay all set to enter Rajya Sabha
Dehra Dun: BJP`s Tarun Vijay is all set to
get elected to Rajya Sabha unopposed for the lone seat from
Uttarakhand as his nomination papers were Tuesday found valid
All the two sets of nomination papers of Vijay have
been found valid during scrutiny, Vidhan Sabha Secretary and
Returning Officer Mahesh Chandra said.
As no other candidate has filed nomination papers, the
announcement of Vijay`s election to the Upper House is just a
formality now. Vijay is BJP`s national spokesman.
Chandra, however, said the formal declaration of
Vijay`s election would be made on June 10 only after the last
date of withdrawal of names passes off.
Vijay, former Editor of RSS mouthpiece Panchajanya,
had filed his nomination papers yesterday in the presence of
most of the senior party leaders from the state including
Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank and former chief
ministers B C Khanduri and Bhagat Singh Koshiyari.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Grenade attack on police post in J&K's Anantnag, security tightened
- World Immunisation Week: Narendra Modi government proactive, Mission Indradhanush good initiative - Praises from Gavi CEO
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, Amrita Arora's boxing session will give you fitness goals! – See pictures
- Sourav Ganguly bats for Salman Khan, says actor will bring in visibility to Rio Olympics as Indian contingent's Goodwill Ambassador
- Economy may expand by 7.8% in 2017-18: UN report