Teen ends life as parents refuse new mobile set
Dehra Dun: Upset over her parents` refusal
to buy her a new mobile handset, a teenaged student allegedly
committed suicide here, police said on Wednesday.
19-year-old Monika was found hanging from the ceiling
fan of her room by her parents in the morning today at Raipur
road locality here, they said.
The 12th standard student, who had just finished her
board examinations, was reportedly upset with her parents for
not accepting her demand to buy her a new mobile handset,
However, no suicide note was recovered from her room,
they said, adding that an investigation has been initiated
into the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why