Teenage girl commits suicide
Dehra Dun: A 17-year-old girl allegedly committed suicide after her aunt scolded her for talking on mobile phone, police said on Tuesday.
Mamta Paneru, a Class XII student, was found hanging from a ceiling fan at her room last evening when her relatives returned from work.
Paneru, a resident of Haldwani town, was living with her aunt as she was pursuing her studies here. She was scolded by her aunt for talking on mobile phone yesterday, they said.
A suicide note has been recovered from the room in which the girl held herself responsible for taking the extreme step. She has also apologised to her aunt in the note.
Police is further investigating the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre