Teenage girl commits suicide
Dehra Dun: A 17-year-old girl allegedly committed suicide after her aunt scolded her for talking on mobile phone, police said on Tuesday.
Mamta Paneru, a Class XII student, was found hanging from a ceiling fan at her room last evening when her relatives returned from work.
Paneru, a resident of Haldwani town, was living with her aunt as she was pursuing her studies here. She was scolded by her aunt for talking on mobile phone yesterday, they said.
A suicide note has been recovered from the room in which the girl held herself responsible for taking the extreme step. She has also apologised to her aunt in the note.
Police is further investigating the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price