Teenager poisoned to death after being raped in Haridwar
Dehradun: A 14-year-old girl was allegedly poisoned to death after being raped by a youth, who also mowed down her grandmother under the wheels of his car when she resisted his attempt to abduct the minor in Haridwar district, police sources said on Wednesday.
The youth along with three of his associates forced his entry into the house of the victim at Manglore near Roorkee late on Monday night when her father, a truck driver, was away and dragged her into his car.
The girl`s grandmother stood before the car to resist her abduction but the youth drove away mowing her down under its wheels, they said.
The victim`s grandmother succumbed to her injuries a little later before she could be rushed to a hospital.
The victim returned home after two hours but she also succumbed on way to the hospital as she had allegedly been poisoned after being raped, they said.
Vajid, the main accused was arrested from Najibabad border (in UP) yesterday and the car used for the crime recovered from him, they said, adding a search is on to trace his three accomplices.
A case has been registered and it is being investigated from all angles by Manglore Circle Officer GB Pandey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites