Teenager poisoned to death after being raped in Haridwar
Dehradun: A 14-year-old girl was allegedly poisoned to death after being raped by a youth, who also mowed down her grandmother under the wheels of his car when she resisted his attempt to abduct the minor in Haridwar district, police sources said on Wednesday.
The youth along with three of his associates forced his entry into the house of the victim at Manglore near Roorkee late on Monday night when her father, a truck driver, was away and dragged her into his car.
The girl`s grandmother stood before the car to resist her abduction but the youth drove away mowing her down under its wheels, they said.
The victim`s grandmother succumbed to her injuries a little later before she could be rushed to a hospital.
The victim returned home after two hours but she also succumbed on way to the hospital as she had allegedly been poisoned after being raped, they said.
Vajid, the main accused was arrested from Najibabad border (in UP) yesterday and the car used for the crime recovered from him, they said, adding a search is on to trace his three accomplices.
A case has been registered and it is being investigated from all angles by Manglore Circle Officer GB Pandey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!