Teenager poisoned to death after being raped in Haridwar
Dehradun: A 14-year-old girl was allegedly poisoned to death after being raped by a youth, who also mowed down her grandmother under the wheels of his car when she resisted his attempt to abduct the minor in Haridwar district, police sources said on Wednesday.
The youth along with three of his associates forced his entry into the house of the victim at Manglore near Roorkee late on Monday night when her father, a truck driver, was away and dragged her into his car.
The girl`s grandmother stood before the car to resist her abduction but the youth drove away mowing her down under its wheels, they said.
The victim`s grandmother succumbed to her injuries a little later before she could be rushed to a hospital.
The victim returned home after two hours but she also succumbed on way to the hospital as she had allegedly been poisoned after being raped, they said.
Vajid, the main accused was arrested from Najibabad border (in UP) yesterday and the car used for the crime recovered from him, they said, adding a search is on to trace his three accomplices.
A case has been registered and it is being investigated from all angles by Manglore Circle Officer GB Pandey.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today