Tehri dam affected families get compensation in U’khand
Uttarkashi: Uttarakhand government Tuesday distributed Rs 5.22 lakh as ex-gratia among families displaced by the Tehri dam.
Urban Development Minister Pritam Singh Panwar held a meeting in Chinyasaur area of the district with people displaced by the dam and handed over cheques of Rs 43,500 each to 12 of the families, official sources here said.
He also asked officials present at the meeting to make ex-gratia forms available to those affected families which have not been able to benefit from the scheme so far.
The minister also directed officials to immediately solve the problems faced by people in the area and conduct a survey of the temples affected by the dam so that railings near the Tehri lake could be constructed.
A gas godown will soon be set up in the area to fight the scarcity of LPG cylinders, he said and asked Uttarkashi district magistrate R Rajesh Kumar to send a team of officials to identify a piece of land for the purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?