Tehri SP transferred over irregularities
Dehra Dun: After having suspended two circle
officers following a CID probe into alleged irregularities in departmental examinations for sub-inspectors in the state, the
Uttarakhand government has transferred Tehri SP Kewal Khurana
in the case.
Khurana has been replaced by Rajiv Swaroop as the new SP
of Tehri district, police said today.
Satyavir Singh and Harish Kumar Verma, two COs from Tehri
district, were last week transferred after an inquiry report
revealed that they allegedly favoured appointment of a few
policemen, who had appeared for the departmental examinations.
Director General of Police J S Pandey had ordered the CID
probe last month following allegations that these officers had
tried to favour some policemen. The probe was headed by ACP
CID Vimla Gunjyal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter