Tehri SP transferred over irregularities
Dehra Dun: After having suspended two circle
officers following a CID probe into alleged irregularities in departmental examinations for sub-inspectors in the state, the
Uttarakhand government has transferred Tehri SP Kewal Khurana
in the case.
Khurana has been replaced by Rajiv Swaroop as the new SP
of Tehri district, police said today.
Satyavir Singh and Harish Kumar Verma, two COs from Tehri
district, were last week transferred after an inquiry report
revealed that they allegedly favoured appointment of a few
policemen, who had appeared for the departmental examinations.
Director General of Police J S Pandey had ordered the CID
probe last month following allegations that these officers had
tried to favour some policemen. The probe was headed by ACP
CID Vimla Gunjyal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Turkey mends fences with Israel and Russia in foreign policy reset
- Roy Hodgson quits as England boss after Iceland humiliation
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission