Ten 10 killed in Uttarakhand bus accident
Dehradun: Ten people were killed and 25 were injured Wednesday morning when a bus met with an accident on the Rishikesh-Badrinath route in Uttarakhand, police said.
The injured were rushed to a nearby medical facility where over a dozen people are said to be critical. The accident took place in Saknidhar area of Devprayag when the bus overturned. The bus was on its way from New Delhi and was headed to Srinagar in Uttarakhand.
Relief and rescue operations have been initiated by the Uttarakhand government, an official said.
Uttarakhand chief minister Harish Rawat said the state chief secretary has been asked to oversee the relief operations.
He added that the state government will provide a Rs.2 lakh ex-gratia compensation to the families of those killed in the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister