Ten 10 killed in Uttarakhand bus accident
Dehradun: Ten people were killed and 25 were injured Wednesday morning when a bus met with an accident on the Rishikesh-Badrinath route in Uttarakhand, police said.
The injured were rushed to a nearby medical facility where over a dozen people are said to be critical. The accident took place in Saknidhar area of Devprayag when the bus overturned. The bus was on its way from New Delhi and was headed to Srinagar in Uttarakhand.
Relief and rescue operations have been initiated by the Uttarakhand government, an official said.
Uttarakhand chief minister Harish Rawat said the state chief secretary has been asked to oversee the relief operations.
He added that the state government will provide a Rs.2 lakh ex-gratia compensation to the families of those killed in the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery