Three children die of measles in Uttarakhand
Dehra Dun: Three children died of measles
in a village in Uttarakhand`s Champawat district prompting
authorities to rush medical teams to the area to check spread
of the viral disease.
Three children, suffering from high fever and having red
rashes for the past several days, died in Sundhungra village
last evening, officials said here today.
The authorities immediately sent two medical teams to
the village which administered vaccines to nearly 500 children
to check spread of the disease.
Director General (Health) H C Bhatt visited the area and
suspended a health worker for allegedly not taking effective
steps to check the disease.
Measles, an acute contagious viral disease, usually
occurs in childhood and is characterised by eruption of red
rashes and high fever.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!