Three children die of measles in Uttarakhand
Dehra Dun: Three children died of measles
in a village in Uttarakhand`s Champawat district prompting
authorities to rush medical teams to the area to check spread
of the viral disease.
Three children, suffering from high fever and having red
rashes for the past several days, died in Sundhungra village
last evening, officials said here today.
The authorities immediately sent two medical teams to
the village which administered vaccines to nearly 500 children
to check spread of the disease.
Director General (Health) H C Bhatt visited the area and
suspended a health worker for allegedly not taking effective
steps to check the disease.
Measles, an acute contagious viral disease, usually
occurs in childhood and is characterised by eruption of red
rashes and high fever.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal