Three including Indore BJP leader killed in Uttarakhand
Indore: The rain-ravaged Uttarakhand has claimed the lives of three persons, including a BJP leader and his wife in Kedarnath.
Among the persons found dead in Kedarnath, three have been identified as - Indore division BJP unit general secretary Bhagwan Singh (45), his wife Sugan Bai (40) and Roop Singh (70), Additional District Magistrate (ADM) Alok Singh said.
Sugan Bai was the member of the Indore Janpad Panchayat.
All three of them belonged to Jhalria village of the district and were on a pilgrimage as a part of a group that had gone to the hill state through a private travel agency.
Nearly seven other members of this group were washed away in flash floods and their whereabouts was not yet known, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- DNA : Today in History, 26th July, 2016
- SHAME! Son of Jadavpur University's professor touched girl students without consent, objectified them filthily?
- 30 Dalit groups in Gujarat form united front to fight atrocities
- Praveen Rana named as Narsingh Yadav's replacement for Rio Olympics by WFI
- Jallikattu: Customs, traditions have to pass legal and constitutional test as well, says SC
- Milky Way's hot gaseous Halo spins like a disk!