Three including Indore BJP leader killed in Uttarakhand
Indore: The rain-ravaged Uttarakhand has claimed the lives of three persons, including a BJP leader and his wife in Kedarnath.
Among the persons found dead in Kedarnath, three have been identified as - Indore division BJP unit general secretary Bhagwan Singh (45), his wife Sugan Bai (40) and Roop Singh (70), Additional District Magistrate (ADM) Alok Singh said.
Sugan Bai was the member of the Indore Janpad Panchayat.
All three of them belonged to Jhalria village of the district and were on a pilgrimage as a part of a group that had gone to the hill state through a private travel agency.
Nearly seven other members of this group were washed away in flash floods and their whereabouts was not yet known, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Bihar: This boy risks his life to save four students from drowning!
- Panel discussion on insensitive behaviour of administration and govt towards common man
- Stopping exercise for 10 days decreases brain blood flow
- Learn it from Japan – It runs a train for single passenger! Know why
- Subramanian Swamy calls LG Najeeb Jung a “420 like Kejriwal”
- India's bid to join US alliance could irk China, Pakistan: Chinese media
- MUST WATCH: When Mahendra Singh Dhoni hit two monster sixes out of Florida stadium