Three including Indore BJP leader killed in Uttarakhand
Indore: The rain-ravaged Uttarakhand has claimed the lives of three persons, including a BJP leader and his wife in Kedarnath.
Among the persons found dead in Kedarnath, three have been identified as - Indore division BJP unit general secretary Bhagwan Singh (45), his wife Sugan Bai (40) and Roop Singh (70), Additional District Magistrate (ADM) Alok Singh said.
Sugan Bai was the member of the Indore Janpad Panchayat.
All three of them belonged to Jhalria village of the district and were on a pilgrimage as a part of a group that had gone to the hill state through a private travel agency.
Nearly seven other members of this group were washed away in flash floods and their whereabouts was not yet known, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured