Three including Indore BJP leader killed in Uttarakhand
Indore: The rain-ravaged Uttarakhand has claimed the lives of three persons, including a BJP leader and his wife in Kedarnath.
Among the persons found dead in Kedarnath, three have been identified as - Indore division BJP unit general secretary Bhagwan Singh (45), his wife Sugan Bai (40) and Roop Singh (70), Additional District Magistrate (ADM) Alok Singh said.
Sugan Bai was the member of the Indore Janpad Panchayat.
All three of them belonged to Jhalria village of the district and were on a pilgrimage as a part of a group that had gone to the hill state through a private travel agency.
Nearly seven other members of this group were washed away in flash floods and their whereabouts was not yet known, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion