Three including Indore BJP leader killed in Uttarakhand
Indore: The rain-ravaged Uttarakhand has claimed the lives of three persons, including a BJP leader and his wife in Kedarnath.
Among the persons found dead in Kedarnath, three have been identified as - Indore division BJP unit general secretary Bhagwan Singh (45), his wife Sugan Bai (40) and Roop Singh (70), Additional District Magistrate (ADM) Alok Singh said.
Sugan Bai was the member of the Indore Janpad Panchayat.
All three of them belonged to Jhalria village of the district and were on a pilgrimage as a part of a group that had gone to the hill state through a private travel agency.
Nearly seven other members of this group were washed away in flash floods and their whereabouts was not yet known, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'