Three killed in landslides, wall collapse in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Three persons have been killed in landslides and a wall collapse in flood-hit Uttarakhand, where inclement weather on Monday forced Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna to postpone his visit to review relief operations in Chamoli district.
Relief work, which was hampered by bad weather, resumed in the course of the day with the rains giving a pause.
Reconstruction of damaged roads in Uttarkashi, Chamoli, Rudraprayag and Pithoragarh districts were also on, officials said.
Rains claimed three lives, including that of a policeman and a child, in the state during past 24 hours in Uttarkashi, Dehradun and Pithoragarh districts.
22-year-old police constable Gambhir Singh, on duty in Bhatwari area of Uttarkashi district, was killed yesterday after a boulder rolling down a hill hit him. He died while being flown to Dehradun for treatment.
In Sahaspur area of Uttarkashi, a 6-year-old boy was killed and two others were injured in a wall collapse last evening.
In another rain-related incident, a 28-year-old woman was killed in Samkot village of Pithoragarh after being hit by a huge rock that rolled down from a nearby hill.
With the inclement weather continuing, Chief Minister Bahuguna`s chopper could not take off for his scheduled visit to Joshimath and Deval Areas of Chamoli for reviewing ongoing relief operations.
MeT department capital Dehradun has received 64.4 mm of rains since yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan