Time to gear up for 2014 General Elections: BJP
Dehradun: Newly appointed Uttarakhand BJP chief Tirath Singh Rawat on Friday said it was time the party began to gear up for the upcoming civic body polls in the state and 2014 General Elections.
"If we want to reap rich dividends at the hustings, both in the civic body polls in April and the Lok Sabha polls next year, we must immediately get into election mode," Rawat who recently took over the reins of state BJP told party workers while reviewing resolutions passed at the meeting of its Prantiya Parishad.
Rawat, who represents Chaubattakhal seat in the state assembly, appealed to party workers to iron out their differences and ensure the party`s victory in the forthcoming elections.
In line with the party`s resolution to go to people`s court against the state government on SIDCUL land deals issue, the party has decided to launch a door-to-door campaign in urban areas of the state from April 6 to April 15, state BJP general secretary (Organisation) Sanjay Kumar said.
The party will also stage a rally in Dehradun on May 26 in which the party`s frontline leaders are likely to participate, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day