Toll in Champavat bus accident rises to eight
Dehradun: One more person succumbed to his injuries at a hospital in Haldwani on Saturday, taking the toll in the bus accident in Champavat district to eight.
Seven persons were killed and 40 others injured late last night when the bus carrying a marriage party fell into a 300- metre-deep gorge at Jamanpura near Devidura, about 115 km from Champavat.
One person critically injured in the mishap succumbed this morning at a hospital in Haldwani, taking the toll to eight, Champavat District Magistrate Shridhar Babu Addanki said.
The bus was returning from Mollakot village in Champavat district to Palamgaon in Almora when it met with the accident.
Uttarakhand governor Aziz Qureshi and Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna expressed grief over the loss of lives in the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG