Toll in Champavat bus accident rises to eight
Dehradun: One more person succumbed to his injuries at a hospital in Haldwani on Saturday, taking the toll in the bus accident in Champavat district to eight.
Seven persons were killed and 40 others injured late last night when the bus carrying a marriage party fell into a 300- metre-deep gorge at Jamanpura near Devidura, about 115 km from Champavat.
One person critically injured in the mishap succumbed this morning at a hospital in Haldwani, taking the toll to eight, Champavat District Magistrate Shridhar Babu Addanki said.
The bus was returning from Mollakot village in Champavat district to Palamgaon in Almora when it met with the accident.
Uttarakhand governor Aziz Qureshi and Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna expressed grief over the loss of lives in the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre