Toll in Champavat bus accident rises to eight
Dehradun: One more person succumbed to his injuries at a hospital in Haldwani on Saturday, taking the toll in the bus accident in Champavat district to eight.
Seven persons were killed and 40 others injured late last night when the bus carrying a marriage party fell into a 300- metre-deep gorge at Jamanpura near Devidura, about 115 km from Champavat.
One person critically injured in the mishap succumbed this morning at a hospital in Haldwani, taking the toll to eight, Champavat District Magistrate Shridhar Babu Addanki said.
The bus was returning from Mollakot village in Champavat district to Palamgaon in Almora when it met with the accident.
Uttarakhand governor Aziz Qureshi and Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna expressed grief over the loss of lives in the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing