Toll in Champavat bus accident rises to eight
Dehradun: One more person succumbed to his injuries at a hospital in Haldwani on Saturday, taking the toll in the bus accident in Champavat district to eight.
Seven persons were killed and 40 others injured late last night when the bus carrying a marriage party fell into a 300- metre-deep gorge at Jamanpura near Devidura, about 115 km from Champavat.
One person critically injured in the mishap succumbed this morning at a hospital in Haldwani, taking the toll to eight, Champavat District Magistrate Shridhar Babu Addanki said.
The bus was returning from Mollakot village in Champavat district to Palamgaon in Almora when it met with the accident.
Uttarakhand governor Aziz Qureshi and Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna expressed grief over the loss of lives in the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured