Toll in Tehri cloudburst rises to five
Dehradun: Five persons were killed in their sleep and a man was critically injured when a cloudburst hit Netad village in Tehri district in the wee hours of Thursday.
Two houses collapsed following the cloudburst at Netad village at about 2:30 am which flooded the Ruis canal.
Five persons including four women and a man were buried alive as the houses collapsed over them when they were asleep, District Magistrate Yugal Kishore Pant said.
Five bodies and a man with critical injuries have been recovered from under the rubble of the houses and rescue operations are on to find out if any more persons are still trapped, he said.
The injured man was initially rushed to Bauradi District Hospital from where he has been referred to a hospital in Dehradun, the DM said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership