Tourists assaulted by policemen in Mussoorie
Dehradun: At least six tourists were
assaulted by policemen, who were allegedly in an inebriated
condition, in Mussoorie, sparking protests in the hill resort
following which four personnel were today transferred.
The four policemen allegedly entered into scuffle
a with a group of tourists at Mall Road in Mussoorie, 32 kms
from here, last night. Later, they beat up the tourists with
The policemen also hurled abuses at local people, who
today held protests here demanding action against them.
All the injured tourists were taken to local hospital
and were discharged after treatment. Police did not disclose
the identity of the tourists.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive