Tourists assaulted by policemen in Mussoorie
Dehradun: At least six tourists were
assaulted by policemen, who were allegedly in an inebriated
condition, in Mussoorie, sparking protests in the hill resort
following which four personnel were today transferred.
The four policemen allegedly entered into scuffle
a with a group of tourists at Mall Road in Mussoorie, 32 kms
from here, last night. Later, they beat up the tourists with
The policemen also hurled abuses at local people, who
today held protests here demanding action against them.
All the injured tourists were taken to local hospital
and were discharged after treatment. Police did not disclose
the identity of the tourists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM