Tourists assaulted by policemen in Mussoorie
Dehradun: At least six tourists were
assaulted by policemen, who were allegedly in an inebriated
condition, in Mussoorie, sparking protests in the hill resort
following which four personnel were today transferred.
The four policemen allegedly entered into scuffle
a with a group of tourists at Mall Road in Mussoorie, 32 kms
from here, last night. Later, they beat up the tourists with
The policemen also hurled abuses at local people, who
today held protests here demanding action against them.
All the injured tourists were taken to local hospital
and were discharged after treatment. Police did not disclose
the identity of the tourists.
- Controversies, legal battle – What are they? Kangana Ranaut at her happiest best – See pics
- West Bengal Assembly elections: 4 bombs found in a polling station
- BCCI constitution is highly incapable of achieving transparency, accountability: Supreme Court
- West Bengal Assembly polls: Political parties go all out to woo enclave voters
- Exercise Red Flag: Can IAF pilots outgun American top guns?