Tourists assaulted by policemen in Mussoorie
Dehradun: At least six tourists were
assaulted by policemen, who were allegedly in an inebriated
condition, in Mussoorie, sparking protests in the hill resort
following which four personnel were today transferred.
The four policemen allegedly entered into scuffle
a with a group of tourists at Mall Road in Mussoorie, 32 kms
from here, last night. Later, they beat up the tourists with
The policemen also hurled abuses at local people, who
today held protests here demanding action against them.
All the injured tourists were taken to local hospital
and were discharged after treatment. Police did not disclose
the identity of the tourists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation