Tribal advisory council in Uttarakhand soon
Dehra Dun: After deciding to give Scheduled Tribe status to nomadic community Van Gujjars, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Sunday announced his government would set up a Scheduled Tribe advisory council before August 15.
An announcement to this effect was made by the Chief Minister during a conference of the Scheduled Tribes Welfare Association here, an official release said.
Bahuguna also promised to provide three bhigas of land for setting up of a tribal welfare building, it said.
He said the new tribal advisory council would be headed by the Chief Minister and would work for welfare of Scheduled Tribes.
Earlier this week, the state government has decided to accord the Scheduled Tribe status on Van Gujjars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing