Tribal advisory council in Uttarakhand soon
Dehra Dun: After deciding to give Scheduled Tribe status to nomadic community Van Gujjars, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Sunday announced his government would set up a Scheduled Tribe advisory council before August 15.
An announcement to this effect was made by the Chief Minister during a conference of the Scheduled Tribes Welfare Association here, an official release said.
Bahuguna also promised to provide three bhigas of land for setting up of a tribal welfare building, it said.
He said the new tribal advisory council would be headed by the Chief Minister and would work for welfare of Scheduled Tribes.
Earlier this week, the state government has decided to accord the Scheduled Tribe status on Van Gujjars.
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district
- Major blow to Nawaz govt as US asks Pakistan to make ‘full payment’ for F-16 fighter jets
- Death toll from collapsed building in Kenya rises to 22
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala