Tribal advisory council in Uttarakhand soon
Dehra Dun: After deciding to give Scheduled Tribe status to nomadic community Van Gujjars, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Sunday announced his government would set up a Scheduled Tribe advisory council before August 15.
An announcement to this effect was made by the Chief Minister during a conference of the Scheduled Tribes Welfare Association here, an official release said.
Bahuguna also promised to provide three bhigas of land for setting up of a tribal welfare building, it said.
He said the new tribal advisory council would be headed by the Chief Minister and would work for welfare of Scheduled Tribes.
Earlier this week, the state government has decided to accord the Scheduled Tribe status on Van Gujjars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley