Tribal advisory council in Uttarakhand soon
Dehra Dun: After deciding to give Scheduled Tribe status to nomadic community Van Gujjars, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Sunday announced his government would set up a Scheduled Tribe advisory council before August 15.
An announcement to this effect was made by the Chief Minister during a conference of the Scheduled Tribes Welfare Association here, an official release said.
Bahuguna also promised to provide three bhigas of land for setting up of a tribal welfare building, it said.
He said the new tribal advisory council would be headed by the Chief Minister and would work for welfare of Scheduled Tribes.
Earlier this week, the state government has decided to accord the Scheduled Tribe status on Van Gujjars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren