Two elephants found dead in U`khand
Dehradun: Two elephants were found dead in different parts of Uttarakhand, forest officials said here Monday.
A 30-year-old male tusker was found dead in Chilla range of Rajaji National Park in Gurukul area of Haridwar this morning, park officials said.
Prima facie, its death seems to be natural as no injury marks have been found on its body. However, the exact cause will be known after the postmortem, they said.
A 25-year-old female elephant was found dead in Narendranagar forest division near Rishikesh during a routine patrolling by forest guards last evening, forest officials said.
A postmortem is being done to ascertain the exact cause of its death, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon