Two elephants found dead in U`khand
Dehradun: Two elephants were found dead in different parts of Uttarakhand, forest officials said here Monday.
A 30-year-old male tusker was found dead in Chilla range of Rajaji National Park in Gurukul area of Haridwar this morning, park officials said.
Prima facie, its death seems to be natural as no injury marks have been found on its body. However, the exact cause will be known after the postmortem, they said.
A 25-year-old female elephant was found dead in Narendranagar forest division near Rishikesh during a routine patrolling by forest guards last evening, forest officials said.
A postmortem is being done to ascertain the exact cause of its death, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital