Two elephants found dead in U`khand
Dehradun: Two elephants were found dead in different parts of Uttarakhand, forest officials said here Monday.
A 30-year-old male tusker was found dead in Chilla range of Rajaji National Park in Gurukul area of Haridwar this morning, park officials said.
Prima facie, its death seems to be natural as no injury marks have been found on its body. However, the exact cause will be known after the postmortem, they said.
A 25-year-old female elephant was found dead in Narendranagar forest division near Rishikesh during a routine patrolling by forest guards last evening, forest officials said.
A postmortem is being done to ascertain the exact cause of its death, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof