Two elephants found dead in U`khand
Dehradun: Two elephants were found dead in different parts of Uttarakhand, forest officials said here Monday.
A 30-year-old male tusker was found dead in Chilla range of Rajaji National Park in Gurukul area of Haridwar this morning, park officials said.
Prima facie, its death seems to be natural as no injury marks have been found on its body. However, the exact cause will be known after the postmortem, they said.
A 25-year-old female elephant was found dead in Narendranagar forest division near Rishikesh during a routine patrolling by forest guards last evening, forest officials said.
A postmortem is being done to ascertain the exact cause of its death, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!