Two get jail terms in separate rape cases in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: One person was sentenced to life imprisonment for raping and killing a minor and another was sentenced to 10 years in jail for sexually assaulting a mentally challenged woman by two different courts in Uttarakhand.
Udhamsingh Nagar District and Sessions judge Jaidev Singh yesterday sentenced Baburam to life imprisonment after finding him guilty of raping a 10-year-old girl and killing her on May 23, 2011 near Rudrapur.
The judge also slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 on Baburam.
Pithorgarh District and Sessions judge Vivek B Sharma yesterday sentenced Shankar Chand to 10 years`s rigorous imprisonment for raping a mentally retarded woman when she was alone at home on December 13, 2011.
The court also slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 on him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends