Two get jail terms in separate rape cases in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: One person was sentenced to life imprisonment for raping and killing a minor and another was sentenced to 10 years in jail for sexually assaulting a mentally challenged woman by two different courts in Uttarakhand.
Udhamsingh Nagar District and Sessions judge Jaidev Singh yesterday sentenced Baburam to life imprisonment after finding him guilty of raping a 10-year-old girl and killing her on May 23, 2011 near Rudrapur.
The judge also slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 on Baburam.
Pithorgarh District and Sessions judge Vivek B Sharma yesterday sentenced Shankar Chand to 10 years`s rigorous imprisonment for raping a mentally retarded woman when she was alone at home on December 13, 2011.
The court also slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 on him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad