Two get jail terms in separate rape cases in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: One person was sentenced to life imprisonment for raping and killing a minor and another was sentenced to 10 years in jail for sexually assaulting a mentally challenged woman by two different courts in Uttarakhand.
Udhamsingh Nagar District and Sessions judge Jaidev Singh yesterday sentenced Baburam to life imprisonment after finding him guilty of raping a 10-year-old girl and killing her on May 23, 2011 near Rudrapur.
The judge also slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 on Baburam.
Pithorgarh District and Sessions judge Vivek B Sharma yesterday sentenced Shankar Chand to 10 years`s rigorous imprisonment for raping a mentally retarded woman when she was alone at home on December 13, 2011.
The court also slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 on him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda