Two get jail terms in separate rape cases in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: One person was sentenced to life imprisonment for raping and killing a minor and another was sentenced to 10 years in jail for sexually assaulting a mentally challenged woman by two different courts in Uttarakhand.
Udhamsingh Nagar District and Sessions judge Jaidev Singh yesterday sentenced Baburam to life imprisonment after finding him guilty of raping a 10-year-old girl and killing her on May 23, 2011 near Rudrapur.
The judge also slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 on Baburam.
Pithorgarh District and Sessions judge Vivek B Sharma yesterday sentenced Shankar Chand to 10 years`s rigorous imprisonment for raping a mentally retarded woman when she was alone at home on December 13, 2011.
The court also slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 on him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!