Two held for threatening to kill Nishank
Dehra Dun: Two employees of a private
security agency were arrested today for allegedly threatening
to kill Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank on the
Independence Day, police said.
The duo, identified as Manoj Kumar and Shankar, was
arrested after preliminary investigations suggested that they
had made a call to the police control room here yesterday
threatening to kill Nishank in a bomb blast on August 15, they
Kumar and Shankar, natives of Pithoragarh and Chamoli
district respectively, were currently residing in Karanpur
According to police, Manoj had got issued the duplicate
SIM card of the phone number used for making the call and
Shankar had made the call, they said. Yesterday, police had
picked up the original owner of the phone number, however, he
was let-off after questioning.
The accused had planned to destroy the SIM card after the
call. However, on the basis of the previous calls made through
the SIM, police reached the callers.
During interrogation, the duo said they had made the call
to test the efficiency of the police department, police said.
Further investigations are on in the matter, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?