Two held for threatening to kill Nishank
Dehra Dun: Two employees of a private
security agency were arrested today for allegedly threatening
to kill Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank on the
Independence Day, police said.
The duo, identified as Manoj Kumar and Shankar, was
arrested after preliminary investigations suggested that they
had made a call to the police control room here yesterday
threatening to kill Nishank in a bomb blast on August 15, they
Kumar and Shankar, natives of Pithoragarh and Chamoli
district respectively, were currently residing in Karanpur
According to police, Manoj had got issued the duplicate
SIM card of the phone number used for making the call and
Shankar had made the call, they said. Yesterday, police had
picked up the original owner of the phone number, however, he
was let-off after questioning.
The accused had planned to destroy the SIM card after the
call. However, on the basis of the previous calls made through
the SIM, police reached the callers.
During interrogation, the duo said they had made the call
to test the efficiency of the police department, police said.
Further investigations are on in the matter, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA