Two held for threatening to kill Nishank
Dehra Dun: Two employees of a private
security agency were arrested today for allegedly threatening
to kill Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank on the
Independence Day, police said.
The duo, identified as Manoj Kumar and Shankar, was
arrested after preliminary investigations suggested that they
had made a call to the police control room here yesterday
threatening to kill Nishank in a bomb blast on August 15, they
Kumar and Shankar, natives of Pithoragarh and Chamoli
district respectively, were currently residing in Karanpur
According to police, Manoj had got issued the duplicate
SIM card of the phone number used for making the call and
Shankar had made the call, they said. Yesterday, police had
picked up the original owner of the phone number, however, he
was let-off after questioning.
The accused had planned to destroy the SIM card after the
call. However, on the basis of the previous calls made through
the SIM, police reached the callers.
During interrogation, the duo said they had made the call
to test the efficiency of the police department, police said.
Further investigations are on in the matter, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened