Two held in connection with threatening calls to former CM
Dehradun: Two persons have been arrested in connection with making a threatening call to former Uttarakhand chief minister and BJP leader Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank.
Anil Kumar and Surendra Kumar were arrested from Rampur area of Uttar Pradesh on Saturday during a joint operation by state and Uttarakhand police, said a police official, adding the two had tried to implicate a person with whom they had a personal rivalry by using his SIM card.
The two had also made threatening calls to Uttar Pradesh DGP, DIG of Bareilly and an MLA of Uttar Pradesh besides Nishank, he said.
Nishank`s OSD Ajay Bist had registered a complaint under IPC sections 504 and 506 on the night of May 17 that the BJP leader had received a threatening call on his mobile phone following which the matter was handed over to a SOG team.
During investigations, it was found out that Anil and his brother-in-law Surendra manipulated to get a SIM card on the ID of one Sunil Kumar, with whom the two had personal enmity. Later, they made threatening calls to several influential persons and thought that Sunil would be arrested for the crime.
However, the shopkeeper, who sold the SIM card, recognised Anil and Surendra as the purchaser of the card following which the two were arrested.
The police official said that the two accused were today produced before a court in Rampur which sent them to 14-day judicial remand. Now the Uttarakhand police would try to bring them here for further interrogation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- AR Rahman's romantic ballads steal Delhi hearts