Two held in connection with threatening calls to former CM
Dehradun: Two persons have been arrested in connection with making a threatening call to former Uttarakhand chief minister and BJP leader Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank.
Anil Kumar and Surendra Kumar were arrested from Rampur area of Uttar Pradesh on Saturday during a joint operation by state and Uttarakhand police, said a police official, adding the two had tried to implicate a person with whom they had a personal rivalry by using his SIM card.
The two had also made threatening calls to Uttar Pradesh DGP, DIG of Bareilly and an MLA of Uttar Pradesh besides Nishank, he said.
Nishank`s OSD Ajay Bist had registered a complaint under IPC sections 504 and 506 on the night of May 17 that the BJP leader had received a threatening call on his mobile phone following which the matter was handed over to a SOG team.
During investigations, it was found out that Anil and his brother-in-law Surendra manipulated to get a SIM card on the ID of one Sunil Kumar, with whom the two had personal enmity. Later, they made threatening calls to several influential persons and thought that Sunil would be arrested for the crime.
However, the shopkeeper, who sold the SIM card, recognised Anil and Surendra as the purchaser of the card following which the two were arrested.
The police official said that the two accused were today produced before a court in Rampur which sent them to 14-day judicial remand. Now the Uttarakhand police would try to bring them here for further interrogation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan welcomes appointment of Urjit Patel as his successor
- French court suspends burkini ban after challenge
- Flipkart rejigs top order to 'simplify' organisation
- PM Modi announces task force to prepare action plan for next three Olympic Games
- US economic growth estimate for 2nd quarter cut to 1.1%