Two held in connection with threatening calls to former CM
Dehradun: Two persons have been arrested in connection with making a threatening call to former Uttarakhand chief minister and BJP leader Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank.
Anil Kumar and Surendra Kumar were arrested from Rampur area of Uttar Pradesh on Saturday during a joint operation by state and Uttarakhand police, said a police official, adding the two had tried to implicate a person with whom they had a personal rivalry by using his SIM card.
The two had also made threatening calls to Uttar Pradesh DGP, DIG of Bareilly and an MLA of Uttar Pradesh besides Nishank, he said.
Nishank`s OSD Ajay Bist had registered a complaint under IPC sections 504 and 506 on the night of May 17 that the BJP leader had received a threatening call on his mobile phone following which the matter was handed over to a SOG team.
During investigations, it was found out that Anil and his brother-in-law Surendra manipulated to get a SIM card on the ID of one Sunil Kumar, with whom the two had personal enmity. Later, they made threatening calls to several influential persons and thought that Sunil would be arrested for the crime.
However, the shopkeeper, who sold the SIM card, recognised Anil and Surendra as the purchaser of the card following which the two were arrested.
The police official said that the two accused were today produced before a court in Rampur which sent them to 14-day judicial remand. Now the Uttarakhand police would try to bring them here for further interrogation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS