Two killed, 3 missing as car falls into Alaknanda
Gopeshwar : Two pilgrims from Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh were on Wednesday killed and six others injured when a car fell into Alaknanda river at Pipalkoti area of Chamoli district, police said.
The incident occurred when the car, carrying 11 people, was returning from Badrinath shrine, they said, adding that three persons are still missing and a search and rescue operation is on to find them.
The injured have been admitted to the district hospital in Chamoli, where their condition is stated to be stable.
The cause of the accident was not immediately known.
This is the second such mishap in as many days. Four persons were feared drowned and six injured when a mini bus carrying 21 pilgrims fell into Alaknanda river in Chamoli district on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh