Two killed, 3 missing as car falls into Alaknanda
Gopeshwar : Two pilgrims from Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh were on Wednesday killed and six others injured when a car fell into Alaknanda river at Pipalkoti area of Chamoli district, police said.
The incident occurred when the car, carrying 11 people, was returning from Badrinath shrine, they said, adding that three persons are still missing and a search and rescue operation is on to find them.
The injured have been admitted to the district hospital in Chamoli, where their condition is stated to be stable.
The cause of the accident was not immediately known.
This is the second such mishap in as many days. Four persons were feared drowned and six injured when a mini bus carrying 21 pilgrims fell into Alaknanda river in Chamoli district on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why