Two killed, 3 missing as car falls into Alaknanda
Gopeshwar : Two pilgrims from Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh were on Wednesday killed and six others injured when a car fell into Alaknanda river at Pipalkoti area of Chamoli district, police said.
The incident occurred when the car, carrying 11 people, was returning from Badrinath shrine, they said, adding that three persons are still missing and a search and rescue operation is on to find them.
The injured have been admitted to the district hospital in Chamoli, where their condition is stated to be stable.
The cause of the accident was not immediately known.
This is the second such mishap in as many days. Four persons were feared drowned and six injured when a mini bus carrying 21 pilgrims fell into Alaknanda river in Chamoli district on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31