Two killed, 3 missing as car falls into Alaknanda
Gopeshwar : Two pilgrims from Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh were on Wednesday killed and six others injured when a car fell into Alaknanda river at Pipalkoti area of Chamoli district, police said.
The incident occurred when the car, carrying 11 people, was returning from Badrinath shrine, they said, adding that three persons are still missing and a search and rescue operation is on to find them.
The injured have been admitted to the district hospital in Chamoli, where their condition is stated to be stable.
The cause of the accident was not immediately known.
This is the second such mishap in as many days. Four persons were feared drowned and six injured when a mini bus carrying 21 pilgrims fell into Alaknanda river in Chamoli district on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea