Two leopards found dead in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Two leopards have been found dead in different parts of Uttarakhand, forest department sources said here today.
The carcass of a four-year-old leopard with its abdomen missing was found in Sattichaur forest in Kotdwar area of Pauri district by forest personnel yesterday, they said.
Prima facie, it seems to have died in a fight with other wild animals, the sources said, adding that the decaying body of the leopard was buried without a post-mortem.
In a separate incident, a 17-year-old leopard was found dead in Khanpur forests at Roorkee in Haridwar district last evening.
Forest officials said all the organs of the big cat were intact and no injuries found on its body.
A post-mortem will be conducted to ascertain the exact cause of its death, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you