Two leopards found dead in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Two leopards have been found dead in different parts of Uttarakhand, forest department sources said here today.
The carcass of a four-year-old leopard with its abdomen missing was found in Sattichaur forest in Kotdwar area of Pauri district by forest personnel yesterday, they said.
Prima facie, it seems to have died in a fight with other wild animals, the sources said, adding that the decaying body of the leopard was buried without a post-mortem.
In a separate incident, a 17-year-old leopard was found dead in Khanpur forests at Roorkee in Haridwar district last evening.
Forest officials said all the organs of the big cat were intact and no injuries found on its body.
A post-mortem will be conducted to ascertain the exact cause of its death, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India