Two leopards found dead in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Two leopards have been found dead in different parts of Uttarakhand, forest department sources said here today.
The carcass of a four-year-old leopard with its abdomen missing was found in Sattichaur forest in Kotdwar area of Pauri district by forest personnel yesterday, they said.
Prima facie, it seems to have died in a fight with other wild animals, the sources said, adding that the decaying body of the leopard was buried without a post-mortem.
In a separate incident, a 17-year-old leopard was found dead in Khanpur forests at Roorkee in Haridwar district last evening.
Forest officials said all the organs of the big cat were intact and no injuries found on its body.
A post-mortem will be conducted to ascertain the exact cause of its death, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- Rags to riches: Bihar welder's son bags Rs 1 crore job offer with Microsoft