Two leopards found dead in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Two leopards have been found dead in different parts of Uttarakhand, forest department sources said here today.
The carcass of a four-year-old leopard with its abdomen missing was found in Sattichaur forest in Kotdwar area of Pauri district by forest personnel yesterday, they said.
Prima facie, it seems to have died in a fight with other wild animals, the sources said, adding that the decaying body of the leopard was buried without a post-mortem.
In a separate incident, a 17-year-old leopard was found dead in Khanpur forests at Roorkee in Haridwar district last evening.
Forest officials said all the organs of the big cat were intact and no injuries found on its body.
A post-mortem will be conducted to ascertain the exact cause of its death, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days