Two mild earthquakes hit Uttarakhand
Gopeshwar: Two mild intensity earthquakes hit Uttarakhand`s Rudraprayag and Chamoli districts in the wee hours on Monday.
The first tremor measuring 3.3 on the Richter scale hit Rudraprayag at 1 am while another measuring 3.2 shook neighbouring Chamoli district a few hours later at six in the morning, sources at the Disaster Management Office here said.
The earthquakes caused no damage, they said.
Mild intensity quakes are common in the high altitude areas of the hill state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees