Two mild earthquakes hit Uttarakhand
Gopeshwar: Two mild intensity earthquakes hit Uttarakhand`s Rudraprayag and Chamoli districts in the wee hours on Monday.
The first tremor measuring 3.3 on the Richter scale hit Rudraprayag at 1 am while another measuring 3.2 shook neighbouring Chamoli district a few hours later at six in the morning, sources at the Disaster Management Office here said.
The earthquakes caused no damage, they said.
Mild intensity quakes are common in the high altitude areas of the hill state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'