Two mild earthquakes hit Uttarakhand
Gopeshwar: Two mild intensity earthquakes hit Uttarakhand`s Rudraprayag and Chamoli districts in the wee hours on Monday.
The first tremor measuring 3.3 on the Richter scale hit Rudraprayag at 1 am while another measuring 3.2 shook neighbouring Chamoli district a few hours later at six in the morning, sources at the Disaster Management Office here said.
The earthquakes caused no damage, they said.
Mild intensity quakes are common in the high altitude areas of the hill state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog