Two pilgrims die of cardiac arrest in U`khand
Gopeshwar: Two elderly women pilgrims died of heart attack on Saturday in Chamoli district enroute the famous high altitude Himalayan shrines of Uttarakhand.
63-year-old Kotpally Saraswathi from Andhra Pradesh died at Badrinath and 60-year-old Prakash Kaur from Punjab died at Ghangharia near Hemkund Sahib in the district, police said.
Both of them died of cardiac arrest which often occurs among the elderly while visiting these shrines located at high altitude.
With these deaths, the toll following the start of the char dham yatra last month has risen to seven.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed