Two pilgrims die of cardiac arrest in U`khand
Gopeshwar: Two elderly women pilgrims died of heart attack on Saturday in Chamoli district enroute the famous high altitude Himalayan shrines of Uttarakhand.
63-year-old Kotpally Saraswathi from Andhra Pradesh died at Badrinath and 60-year-old Prakash Kaur from Punjab died at Ghangharia near Hemkund Sahib in the district, police said.
Both of them died of cardiac arrest which often occurs among the elderly while visiting these shrines located at high altitude.
With these deaths, the toll following the start of the char dham yatra last month has risen to seven.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore