Two suspected drug peddlers held with 15 kgs of charas
Dehradun: Two suspected members of a gang of drug peddlers were arrested here with 15 kgs of charas worth Rs one crore.
Bishan Singh and Jagdish Chandra, both of whom hail from Shimla in Himachal Pradesh, were arrested yesterday from Dharmawala chawk in Sahaspur area when they were coming to Dehradun with the contraband, police said.
The duo was intercepted for checking following a tip-off and 15 kgs of charas was recovered from their possession which is worth Rs one crore in the street market, they said.
Preliminary investigations revealed that they bought charas in small quantities from Himachal Pradesh and sold them in Uttarakhand through their network of contacts.
Other members of the gang have also been arrested in the past from Dehradun and Haridwar, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed