Two suspected drug peddlers held with 15 kgs of charas
Dehradun: Two suspected members of a gang of drug peddlers were arrested here with 15 kgs of charas worth Rs one crore.
Bishan Singh and Jagdish Chandra, both of whom hail from Shimla in Himachal Pradesh, were arrested yesterday from Dharmawala chawk in Sahaspur area when they were coming to Dehradun with the contraband, police said.
The duo was intercepted for checking following a tip-off and 15 kgs of charas was recovered from their possession which is worth Rs one crore in the street market, they said.
Preliminary investigations revealed that they bought charas in small quantities from Himachal Pradesh and sold them in Uttarakhand through their network of contacts.
Other members of the gang have also been arrested in the past from Dehradun and Haridwar, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened