Two suspected drug peddlers held with 15 kgs of charas
Dehradun: Two suspected members of a gang of drug peddlers were arrested here with 15 kgs of charas worth Rs one crore.
Bishan Singh and Jagdish Chandra, both of whom hail from Shimla in Himachal Pradesh, were arrested yesterday from Dharmawala chawk in Sahaspur area when they were coming to Dehradun with the contraband, police said.
The duo was intercepted for checking following a tip-off and 15 kgs of charas was recovered from their possession which is worth Rs one crore in the street market, they said.
Preliminary investigations revealed that they bought charas in small quantities from Himachal Pradesh and sold them in Uttarakhand through their network of contacts.
Other members of the gang have also been arrested in the past from Dehradun and Haridwar, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred