UAE-based IBPC to raise Rs 10 mn for U`khand
Dubai: A business body representing Indians in Sharjah will raise a sum of Rs 10 million for those affected by the recent floods in Uttarakhand.
The initiative by the Indian Business and Professional Council (IBPC) has been approved by its governing board, the council`s chairman Sudesh K Aggarwal said.
The funds shall be raised from the members of IBPC and Indian community in the UAE and shall be distributed to the affected people in rebuilding their lives, he said.
"This is a humanitarian effort and whatever we can do to alleviate the sufferings of the people, we must come forward to contribute our bit in it", Aggarwal said in a statement released here.
He said that IBPC shall ensure that the funds reach the people who are affected directly.
IBPC Sharjah has raised funds for humanitarian causes in the past and has helped many Indians in distress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US