UAE-based IBPC to raise Rs 10 mn for U`khand
Dubai: A business body representing Indians in Sharjah will raise a sum of Rs 10 million for those affected by the recent floods in Uttarakhand.
The initiative by the Indian Business and Professional Council (IBPC) has been approved by its governing board, the council`s chairman Sudesh K Aggarwal said.
The funds shall be raised from the members of IBPC and Indian community in the UAE and shall be distributed to the affected people in rebuilding their lives, he said.
"This is a humanitarian effort and whatever we can do to alleviate the sufferings of the people, we must come forward to contribute our bit in it", Aggarwal said in a statement released here.
He said that IBPC shall ensure that the funds reach the people who are affected directly.
IBPC Sharjah has raised funds for humanitarian causes in the past and has helped many Indians in distress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?