UKD civic polls: Cong, BJP, BSP release list
Dehradun: Major political parties, including the Congress, BJP and BSP, have announced their first list of candidates for the forthcoming civic body polls in Uttarakhand.
The ruling Congress, main opposition BJP and BSP which is giving outside support to the state government yesterday announced their first list of candidates for the polls slated to be held on April 28 RPT April 28.
Congress has announced 11 candidates, BJP 41 and BSP 21 so far.
28 municipal boards and 38 nagar panchayats will go to the polls this year.
Elections will be held for municipal corporations in Dehradun, Haridwar, Roorkee, Haldwani, Kashipur and Udham Singh Nagar.
A total of 15,20,527 voters are likely to exercise their franchise.
Around 3,61,092 voters are registered in Dehradun, 1,52,719 voters in Haridwar, 81,849 in Roorkee, 97,799 in Haldwani, 77,936 in Kashipur and 74,554 in Udham singh Nargar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars